Thursday, July 16, 2009

dig Chuck!



just got home from a gig with Chuck Treece and his group MCRAD.. he called me earlier today to play "either bass or guitar - whatever you want" .. driving to the gig I realized, I have no clue what I am about to play. I arrive about 5 minutes before we hit and Chuck sits down to show me the songs and then yells "MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and said "let's just play!" .. so this is truly a zero idea of what im playing or rehearsal situation. But with great musicians that always works! Chuck is a rare spirit - He is truly one of Philly's LEGENDARY musicians. Super inspiring, it is gigs like this that make me realize how amazing it is to be a musician and how much you can learn on so many levels from people through music, art and being. So if you know - then you know, but if you don't check him out

No comments:

Post a Comment